Question
Posted by: kent reich | 2012-04-23

paleo diet

please cab you clear up the question as to why Tim Noakes lists peanut''s and peanut butter as being high carbs. I buy the black cat no added sugar or salt variety. I checked the label on the peanut butter jar 11g carb''s 5.6g sugar per 100g serving. What am I not understanding? I have 4 tablespoons per day as I eat a tablespoon or two as a snack in between meals when hungry after a wrokout in the gym.
Would appreciate your advise,

Kent reich

Dear Kent
At the moment, the entire Nutrition and Dietetic fraternity are rather baffled by the good Professor and his latest declarations. According to the SA Food Tables, peanuts and peanut butter respectively contain 10 g and 14g of carbohydrates per 100g. I would thus certainly not classify peanuts as high carb foods. Peanuts and peanut butter are high fat (nearly 50%), but because most of the fat is beneficial monounsaturated fat, it is recommended as it protects against heart disease. I think you should stick to what works for you and not worry too much about these protestations.
Enjoy your workouts

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-04-24

Dear Kent
Enjoy your workouts