Question
Posted by: Winnie | 2010-03-19

Pale coloured stools

I am getting really worried. For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed my stools are very light in colour, and most often runny. I have to take loperamide often when I am out or at work. I asked GP about it a few months ago, and she said it is due to stress, or IBS, but she didn''t seem very concerned.

I have been looking for more info on pale coloured stools, and now am concerned that I have liver disease. I don''t have dark urine or jaundice, and no abdominal pain.
I do drink alcohol though - more than I should. If I stop drinking, will my liver repair itself. What do I do?

Winnie

Unfortunately, there are a multitude of causes for your symptom and I strongly suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist, in order to have a clear diagnosis made.