Posted by: Pshemeck | 2010-03-23

Pains in upper left-hand side chest

Hello! I am curious if you might perhaps know what it is or what is causing me to have pains in my chest, upper left hand side, breast area. I am a male, 27. Most of the times these pains feel as if someone is pinching or sticking a needle into the muscles. They are sometimes very painful and sometimes during these painful periods, I can not move or breathe normally, as that causes me more pain. Do you perhaps know what this is? Regards!

It is most probably a muscular skeletol problem (the pain is caused by muscles or bones of the chest). I do however, suggest that you have the problem assessed by your GP, in order to have a clear diagnosis made.