Question
Posted by: lea | 2010/07/26

pains in palms of hands

Good day,

For the past 2 weeks, I have been experiencing aching in the palms of my hands that extends to my inner forearms. (ache feels like muscle aches when I''ve spent the day in a pool...that ache one feels in the forearms) What could be the cause and what can I use to alleviate the aching as it is worse at night when I sleep. (i am a secretary/typist for the past 20 years.

Thanx.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lea
It could be overuse of the arms due to your job- if this is incapacitating, ask you doctor to have a look- it could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or something else- have it checked out.