Question
Posted by: lynne | 2009/04/15

pains in foot and leg

I have recently experienced pins and needes in my right foot, this is worse at night and also if I have been sitting for extended periods i.e. driving, I also experienced pain in my right leg that prevented me from sleeping - I was painting walls and doing some gardening at the weekend so this could maybe be the cause - please advise what you thinkl?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lynne

It sounds like you have done something to your back. You could have a bit of inflammation in the lower back which is now pinching a nerve. This could easily give the symptoms you are describing. Try an over the counter anti-inflammatory like Voltaren and see if that helps.

Chris