Question
Posted by: chanty | 2008/09/14

Pains in arms,numbness,tired& thirsty

I have had pains in my hands for months,now going up 2 my arms and shoulders,lasting over a month now,numbness also occurs. Its worse when I sleep and in the morning,comes and goes during the day. I cant sleep on my right side as that arm is the worse. My legs also get these pains now and again. I have blurr vision that lasts seconds but my eye test was very good. Im always tired and thirsty and have regular sharp like head aches. I have flu like symptoms on a regular bases but think its due to a light asma,but not sure if al this is related. Im married with a 16 month old baby. Im 24 years and only gained some weight during the pregnancy but wont classify myself as being fat,Im 1.73m and weigh 67kg. I also have some pain on my tummy,but think its IBS as I heard most women suffer from that,but again Im not sure if al this is related. Am I being paranoid or should I go see my GP and what in your opinion could be the cause. I eat regularly, drink only water or rooibos and eat fairly healthy.

Dear Chanty
Please go and see your GP. You have a few worrying symptoms that could be signs of diabetes. Try and make the appointment early in the morning and do not eat or drink anything from the previous evening 22h00 (you can however drink water) so that he can do a fasting blood sugar.
Let me know what he says?