Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-11-09

Pains

I am 38 weeks pregnant and experiencing pains at night. During the day I have mostly pain free braxton hicks contractions but at night I wake often to use the bathroom and I am in allot of pain. I cannot tell whether it is my bladder aching or whether I have painful winds or need an urgent bowel movement. I sit on the toilet and wait but nothing happens and I just get a few long shooting, stabbing and aching pains down low. Once I settle back in bed it eases but in an hour or so it is the same story. I had a check up and everything is fine. The doctor said the baby is not coming down but I feel like the baby is so low I really don''t understand.

It does sound like the pain is pressure from the baby on your pelvis. This is normal at this stage.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-12