Question
Posted by: Letti | 2008/05/29

Pains

Hi doc
How can I get rid of period pains naturally? Some times it is lower pain, back pain, abdominal pain, shoulder pain.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Letti,

Lie on your back with legs straight, with a book under your sacrum (the part of your back below your low back and where your bottom begins). Bend your knees up to your chest will increase the pressure on the sacrum and quiet the uterine contractions.

In your case I would recommend you should get an osteopathic assessment to see exactly what is going on. Osteopathy can help remove restrictions in the anatomy so your body physiology can function normally as well as rule out other problems. It is important to understand this from history and examination so the cause of the problem is treated.

Best regards and keep well.
Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath