Question
Posted by: sonja | 2008/08/14

pain,numbness in my upper right leg

whenever I lie down my right leg starts getting pins and needles from above the knee to just under my hip. The skin becomes very sensitive and sometimes I can also feel a warm pain inside the leg. There is no visable signs or swelling. Its only in the right leg. I don' t know what to do anymore. My doctor says its restless leg syndrome and gave me an anti-inflammatory. it doesn' t help at all. What else might this be?

Hallo Sonja
You may have a slipped disc with pressure on the nerve root between vertebrae L2 and L3 causing these symptoms. Ask your doctor to send you to an orthopedic surgeon for evaluation and ? MRI scan. Treatment would be physiotherapy or in severe cases operation.