Question
Posted by: Lara | 2012/07/26

painkillers and hypertension

I''ve had almost daily headaches for a while and I have started getting physio treatment of my neck and back muscles but it hasn''t had much effect on my headaches yet. In the meantime, the pain is so bad that I want to take painkillers for it but I''m not sure if it''s safe. I have hypertension and I use Prexum, Carloc, Lasix for that. I know anti-inflammatories like Brufen or Myprodol are not good with hypertension meds. Aspirin hurts my stomach. Is paracetamol and codeine (Tensopyn) okay for someone with hypertension? Or what else can I do?

thanks for your advice!

Lara

You can use Lenadol for at least ten days to alleviate your pain. I do however, suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for x-rays of your neck. It is possible that you might need a stronger painkiller, like Jurnista, in combination with Trepilene at night. In the interim, you should consult your doctor for an examination to determine if your high blood pressure is well controlled.

3

Okay shame sorry to hear that. The best things for lower your bp as well are dark chocolate, have a cup of cocoa. Whenevery i feel that my bp is high. I have a cup of cocoa and nibble on dark chocolate. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Lara | 2012/07/26

I have occasionally used Myprodol with no ill effects, but at the moment I need painkillers several times a day, every day, and my bp is on the high side despite the meds.

Reply to Lara

HI sorry not the Doc. But i have hypertension and i jut got prescribed myprodol for pain from my Doctor.