Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2012/07/09

Painkillers and flu medication during pregnancy

I had the flu last week and was suffering from extreme headaches. I took about 4 Nurofen cold and flu tablets in two days and 4 Stilpane tablets in two days. A few days later I missed my period. I am now six days late and went for a pregnancy blood test this morning. If the results are positive and I am pregnant, should I be worried about the medication I took? I wasn''t planning on falling pregnant now and would never have taken anything if I thought I might be pregnant. What should I do if I find out that I am pregnant?

In this very early stage of a pregnancy, the pills should not be a problem.

1