Question
Posted by: Sc | 2010/01/21

Paining legs

Hi dr
My 5 year old girl often gets this pain in her legs(at night time) and usually after a bussy day of activities, she is eating very healthy, get lots of all the right vitamins and more than enough calcium. I can remember when I was young, I also had it. Its around the knee area, and my mother used to call it growing pains?

Hallo SC
Yes, it is quite common in kids and usually a hot water bottle and panado works well to relieve the pain. However, pediatricians feel that a child with leg pain should always first be checked to exclude rare but dangerous causes of leg pain like bone cancer. This they can do with an x/ray and a blood test. Let your doctor just have a look at her.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/21

Hallo SC
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc