Posted by: kay | 2011-08-10

painfull shoulder blade

I have been experiencing severe pain over my shoulder blade area on my left side while I am using the treadmill. It becomes so severe I cannot even lift my arm up to wipe my face with towel. it is a severe, sharp pain. Is it perhaps my style on the treadmill? Pain does radiate through to my chest(left side as well). It fades away once I stop treadmill, but I do feel pain in both shoulder/arm joints when I wake in morning. What am I doing wrong? I am a 45 yr female. I am not overweight(52.5kg), 1.61m tall. I have hypertension and am taking medication for it. I have always exercised so it isnt new to me.

It is possible that you have strained a muscle in your shoulder, as well as the shoulder blade. Please consult your doctor for an examination and possible referral to a physiotherapist.