Question
Posted by: anto | 2008/09/25

painfull period, after abortion

had a abortion in august, got my period 4 weeks later. it is a heavy flow with much pain &  cloths. i went to the GP, he said i have a infection. gave me injection &  antibiotic, iam almost done with medication, but period stated again with worse pain. What do i do next, is this normal? pls advise

I am not sure why this is happening. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: X | 2008/09/25

i am really sorry you had to go for an abortion. i think your body will take some time to get back to normal. Just remember at first the pregnancy was a shock for your body and now the abortion was an even greater shock to your body. Go see a gynae if you are worried. I had a stillborn baby and my body took 3 months to moarn and heal after the loss. Even though it was a choise you made your body will never react the way your mind does. So your body is feeling the loss severely i am so hurt when i read about abrtions i am not judging you but hell there must have been an other way out???? Anyways you might want to consider councelling as well because i think in a way you are feeling the loss emotionally as well even though you chose it it still hurts deeply.
I hope you can have this sorted out soon

Reply to X