Question
Posted by: Soraya | 2010-05-03

Painfull Neck

Hi, I am 40 yrs and have a constant pain from my neck down to my shoulders, somedays my back pains , it feels like a pinch nerve, when I pull my head backwards my neck pains alot so I do it just to release the tension, I have a very bad posture, when waking up in the mornings my neck and shoulders pains vey bad, I get hubby to rub me with deep heat, please help and what kind of pillow must i use.

Expert ImageOsteopath

hello Soraya,
You need to see your local osteopath to resolve these issues. Choice of pillow will depend on what position you sleep in. If you sleep on your side you need your neck and spine to be in a neutral position (not too high or too low)

3
Posted by: Reply | 2010-08-06

please inform me which chiropractor you went to visit and a contact number if possible.

Reply to Reply
Posted by: H | 2010-06-09

Hi. I have just been through exactly the same thing for the past 2 months. I have now been to the chiropractor (after 5 physio sessions which didnt help) 3 times and all my neck, shoulder, back and chest pains are GONE. They were gone after 2 sessions, but had a 3rd session just to make sure. If only i had gone to him 2 months ago. (I even had 2 lots of chest xrays) but it all boilded down to lots of tension in my shoulders which caused all the pain. Please go and see a chiro - I was scared in the beginning, but it doesn''t hurt at all.

Reply to H
Posted by: osteopath | 2010-05-04

hello Soraya,

Reply to osteopath