Question
Posted by: Andre | 2009-01-13

Painfull knees

I have been experiencing very stiff/painfull knees with the muscles above the knees being quite swollen. The swelling is not painfull when touched or pressed and is soft. I cannot bend my knees properly and cannot reach my feet without considerable pain. I also find it extremely difficult to walk up or down stairs. What could it be as a result of, and what should I do to treat it?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

An x/ray examination of the knees may be indicated. Talk to your family physician about this too. He will be able to advise and direct you to the appropriate expert.