Posted by: Worried | 2009-03-31

My breast are extremely painfull. At first it was only before my period, so I did not worry about it. But the past month they do not stop paining at all. I am 41 years old and am in my early menopause. The gynae prescribed Premelle LD 0.3/1.5 as my cycle was forthnightly and not every 28 days. He also did not examine my breats on my visit to him in Feb (he never examines my breasts) I asked him when I had to go for an mammogram and he replied only after 50. Should I consult my GP or is the pain menopause related? There is no breast canver history in my family, however my mother had stomach cancer when she was just over 30.

There are a number of benign breast conditions which can cause pain. It would be a good idea to consult your GP.

Posted by: Me | 2009-03-31

Go to your GP and request a mamo. I was 28 when I had my first mamo. So, no need to wait for 50. If you are worried, I would get it checked out.

Reply to Me