Posted by: Momof3 | 2009-08-11

Painfull &  swollen lyphm glans/nodes-lyphomas

Hi Cyberdoc

I have many lyphomas that have come up over the years and have had 2 surgically removed in 1993 which where not cancerous. I have developed many others under my arms , chest &  tummy etc.Sometimes they swell up more and become very painful that is when i notice them more in my bra area under my arm.etc .

I looked in a medical book to see what could be in that area where I am having the pain &  so many lyphomas and it shows the lymphatic system -. The nodules are in the exact same areas. as my swellings .My skin feels bruised when I touch all of them from next to my ribs up under my arm ,under my arm and on my chest &  into my neck .

I also suffer with water retention PMS and tend to retain water. My fingers are swollen up in the mornings so I cant get my rings on and this has been going on for a few years now. I have mentioned this to my GP on numerous occasions &  he gave me water pills to take at just before menstruation.

I have been on luvox 100mg for 15yrs -depression,Celebrex &  Salazopyrin-en -both for arthritis. i am over weight due to knee replacements &  not being as active as I used to be.
In the last 6 months I have developed diabetes type 2- so am on
Glucophage XR 3 x 500mg -Dianicron 30mg &  Eltroxin .05mg- I have seen a dietitian and did exercise (swam all summer) not now during winter. And I struggled to loose any weight. I lost 3kgs over like 6 months &  now in winter have put it back on. the dietitian sent my GP a note to say I am retaining water &  she needs to sort it out But nothing was done about it.

I read now the the lymph glands remove water etc so it seems to me that all my lyphm glands are blocked as I dont loose weight , they are swollen &  sore to touch &  burn all the time more so when my nose is blocked &  stuffy. My tummy feels bloated &  uncomfortable and I retain water. What else would you say could be wrong with me &  why are my lymph nodes all swollen &  sore.They are not standing out in my neck or anything. they are just sore all over my body.

Is there something i could do to "  open them"  or is there something more wrong cause I see it drains in near the heart.
My good cholesterol is low but the otherone is fine .they just want to bring the low one higher.

Should I see an endocrinologist or anyone else you can recommend?

dear Momof3
I think it may be a good idea to see a physician - ask your GP to refer you to one. Lipomas do not have any relationship with your lymphatic system, and it may be coincidence that it is more or less in the same areas - they are harmless fat tissue under the skin and not connected to the lymphglands. Water retention can be caused by kidney problems, heart failure or low blood protein levels.

Posted by: Momof3 | 2009-08-11

Hi Cyberdoc

I forgot to give my age - I am 49 and have 3 sons.

Reply to Momof3