Question
Posted by: Nomathemba | 2009-07-09

Painful toes in cold season

My toes are so painful in winter. There are sharp pains its as if I have pin pricked with a needle. This is especially on the middle toes. I try to keep my feet very warm but the pain is unbearable

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nomathemba

You might have a temperature related circulation disorder called Raynaud's phenomenon. This is where the blood flow to the toes is not regulated properly and can cause lesions called chilblains.

I suggest you visit your doctor, ther eis medication that might help. Also, remember to keep your feet warm and avoid sudden changes in foot temperature.

Chris