Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2012-04-11

painful toes

The 4th toe on my left foot is slighly deformed soft and does not function. The pain can be beyond description. Tthe 4th right toe is the same but has longer spells of freedom from pain.There is no reason for a bout of pain flaring up which lasts for approx. an hour. Is it possible that the bones in my toes have vanished ? I am in my late sixties and have had successful treatment for osteoporosis.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Maggie,
It is possible that there may be a localised joint strain in these toes. It is always important to consider that your choice of shoe is not cramping your toes together or any heel may be causing undue strain at that level. For a proper evaluation please consult with your local osteopath.