Question
Posted by: jpgboy | 2008/11/19

Painful testicles

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with bilharzia about a month ago. I' ve been carrying it for 9 or so months. I was given 4 Biltricide tablets and then 4 again a month later (as I still showed some symptoms.) I was also put on a course of Purbac.

However, I still seem to have an immensely tender scrotum and testicles. It' s a burning sensation that won' t go ahead. My glans is also tender and it sometimes burns slightly when I pass urine. Is this a side effect of the bilharzia? Could it be something else? I had my prostate checked out and it seems ago.

I' m 22 years old.

Thank you.

Dear jpgboy
Bilharzia does not cause sore genitals or tenderness on the glans. You may have another infection too (orchitis) and your urine needs testing ( maybe even a lab test to see if they can identify the bacteria that is causing this and for what antibiotic it is sensitive - it may not be responding to the Bactrim) Wearing a supportive underpants (slightly tighter than you would normally wear) and taking an anti-inflammatory like Brufen may help.

2
Posted by: jpgboy | 2008/11/19

Dear Dr Bets,

Thank you. I' ve made an appoinment with my GP.

Reply to jpgboy
Posted by: jpgboy | 2008/11/19

I' m also feel light headed and nauseous.

Reply to jpgboy