Posted by: Romy | 2009-08-06

Painful sole

Hi There,

When I walk and my left leg goes behind me and my foot curls up, I get a sharp pain from the left underside of my foot all the way up to my knee to the point that I cant stand on my toes and lift my heel.

I don' t recall doing anything to have hurt it but my job requires ALOT of walking. Could I have strained it?

Please let me know what I can do to heal it. I was thinking of getting Deepheat and wrapping it for the night but not sure.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Romy

You need to have an assessment by a podiatrist, they will find out your foot type and why you are getting this problem. If you are doing a lot of walking at work it is important that you are in the correct shoes with an orthotic if needed. That should really take care of it.