Posted by: Carya | 2011-05-27

painful shoulder

About 3yrs ago my shoulder was mobility and I went to a physiotherapst and he told me that I have grade one tears on my tendons he gave me massage with some infrared arm and told me it would get better and I must hang my arm over the side of my bed and shrug but know the pain is back just the other day I coudn''t even curl my arm past my head cause of the what should I do

Hi Carya

Is it the same pain as three years ago? It may be a completely new injury, wouldn't be unheard of. I mean, if you did that three years ago and your pain cleared up, then it's unlikely something now that is even related.

So while I hate to pass the buck on any question, the best thing you can do is to consult and see what the exact cause it. If you can raise your arm above the head it says maybe the shoulder capsule or the rotator cuff is injured, but you really need a diagnosis. So my advice is to see this as a new injury (may be the same one, and maybe you were predisposed to it because of the last one) but to treat it as new, get it diagnosed and then treated.

Posted by: Bea | 2011-06-07

You must go and see a specialist. I had the same and at the end of the day it was a full torn tendon and pinched nerve. I can tell you that it is very painfull. Eventually i went for an operation. Thank goodness.

Reply to Bea