Posted by: s.h.e | 2008-12-04

Painful sex/no drive

I am having huge problems regarding my sex life with my soon to be fiance! I have been using Anti Depressants for about 6 years and recently my doctor put on a new brand, Wellbutrin, in aid of my low libido. Previously I was on Lily Fluoxetine. It does not seem to have made any difference. I am also experiencing a lot of pain during intercourse - I suffer from dryness as well as a painful sensation in what feels like my womb as soon as he "  enters"  . I have the same feeling whenever I have to use Tampons. We have been sexually active for the past 3 years, and have always been making use of the "  reverse"  method, as well as oral contraceptive, Yasmin. Since February this year we stopped using reverse method, but whenever he ejaculates inside me it burns like hell and I feel like I'  m dying!!! Now I don'  t ever feel like having sex because it hurts so much. I have only felt this since he started ejaculating inside me, and he is my first and only partner so I can'  t say that it only feels like this with him.We have a very solid and happy relationship, its just this!

Depression can cause a decrease in libido. If you are not in the mood, you will not become lubricated and this dryness then causes pain. The ejaculate probably irritates the dry area. You could use KY jelly as a lubricant. Also have a gynae check to exclude any other problems.