Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2011/03/14

Painful sex &  bleeding afterwards

My boyfriend and I had sex about a week ago - I was a virgin and I was drinking Yaz for about 10 days before we had sex. It was extremely painful the first time and I bleed /spotted for almost 2 days and experienced what felt like swelling and a bloated stomach. I thought it would get better, but even after the 5th time of intercourse I still bleed afterwards, although the pain is not as bad as the first time. Is this normal and should I be worried? I am very embarrassed about the bleeding. How long would it takes to clear up? Please help! Thanks you.

It is normal. It may be that the area wgere the hyemn tore has not healed and each time you have sex it bleeds a bit. It will get better with time.

2