Question
Posted by: Joy | 2008-12-01

Painful Sex

I' ve heard of this, but never experienced it before, last night had the most severe pain during intercourse - it was only toward the end, but excrutiatingly painful. It was cramping, and we stopped, it felt like sharp shooting pains all the way up, and continued until this morning.

My period is due, and I had done an intensive exercise on my bicycle yesterday so I wondered if that should be factored in, but I thought it might also have been an allergic reaction to the condom?

I gather that this is the first time it has happened. It was probably pressure ona senstive structure, possible related to your period being due. Allergy to condoms would present with itching or tenderness of the vagina.