Question

Painful pooping

I have had trouble when it comes to pooping, this has been going on for over 2 months. I am still regular (I need to go to the loo at least once a day) but it is extremely painful. It feels like constipation but it also feels like I am having to sueeze it through a pin hole, there is sometimes blood and it hurts for sometimes hours after. Last night I noticed after I had been to the toilet the inside of my thighs were swollen. What could this be and what can I do to help prevent it? I am drinking lots of fluid and I have tried to increase the amount of fibre in my diet. thanks

I strongly suggest that you consult a proctologist, in for him/her to examine you and to determine the cause for your symptoms. In the interim you can use Lactolose syrup to soften your stools as much as possible and Anusol suppositries to alleviate the pain. These products are availabe over the counter at pharmacies.