Posted by: Mummy | 2009-04-21

Painful PMS

Hi Doc,

I am 39 years old and have a 39 day cycle. Two weeks before my periods I experience terrible pain in my uterus. The pain would last for a week and thereafter I get a rest period for a week before the actual period starts. When the periods starts I have to be on pain medication for two or three days. A normal paracetamol does not help therefore I have resorted to something stronger. I am sure I do not have have any cysts as I have checked recently and I am not taking any conceptives, I have never had children and I feel like the problem is getting worse. Is there a solution to this?

Kindest regards

This does not sound like ' normal' period pains. You should see a gynaecologist to exclude PID or chronic infections.