Question
Posted by: kate | 2012/05/14

Painful Periods

Hi, i have excruciating period pains for 7 days every month. I have tried Ponstan &  Brufen Retard painkillers. I have been on Microlite, Cilest &  Yasminelle throughout the past year in order to try and reduce the pain.. but alas, to no avail. I gained a lot of weight on all three pills. I have exams coming up &  my doctor has just prescribed me Mercilon. Should I expect the same weight gain from this? And also, do you have any other reccommendations as regards what to do? I have been to my own Gynae twice in the past year &  she couldn''t see anything wrong in the ultrasound. Any advice? I''m 18 and have had chronic period pain since i was 13. Thanks

Seven days of period pains is not normal. ALso you have not responded to the usual things that help. It may be that there is some underlying problem like endometriosis. This does not show up on scan but needs a laparoscopy. Discuss this with your gynaecologist.

2

Posted by: Mary | 2012/05/15

I had the same problem, but my pain only lasted for 3 days. Have you had a laparoscopy? I was diagnosed with Endometrosis stage 2 and that caused terrible pain.

Mary

Reply to Mary