Question
Posted by: Anxious Teen | 2010/08/27

Painful periods

I am a 14 year old teenager. My periods started when I was 9 and at 12 my skin started breaking out with acne. I have severe period pain. I tried a number of natural things including Zinplex. This helped for a bit but last year my mom took me to a gynae who prescribed Minesse. Together with the Zinplex my skin is now perfect but I am still experiencing severe period pains - Ponac Forte doesn''t alleviate the pain. Inbetween my periods I do have cramps in the region of my bladder and I find tha, especially when I laugh, I can''t control my bladder. I have problems with my bowel movements too, they stretch between periods of constipation (at one stage there was no movement for 6 days) and then periods of very loose bowels.

Firstly - is there an underlying problem such as enometriosis where my period pains are concerned, and

secondly - are the other problems related to this?

Endometriosis is a possibility.
The bowel issue sounds like irritable bowel syndrome. Why don't you see your doctor for assessment.?

1

Endometriosis is a possibility.