Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2011/08/31

Painful lump under right ear

I have a painful lump under my right ear that has progressed under my jaw, i am feeling very tired and have a general feeling of unwellness and feel not like myself.

Could you please held

Nadine

It is possible that you a viral infection of the parotic gland and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests. In the interim, you can test for inflammation of the parotic gland by eating a sour sweet or biting into a slice of lemon. If you experience extreme discomfort in the area of the swelling, you probably have mumps.