Question
Posted by: JANINE V | 2010/08/24

PAINFUL LUMP AFTER BREASTFEEDING

GOOD DAY

I STOPPED BREASTFEEDING LAST WEEK, BUT HAVE A VERY VERY PAINFULL LUMP IN MY BREAST, IS IT A BLOCKED MILK GLAND OR WHAT COULD IT BE AND HOW COULD I GET IT TO GO AWAY?

PLEASE HELP

It could be a blocked milk duct. As long as it is not hot or red, you can try heat and give it a bit of time.

3

Posted by: Purple | 2010/08/25

It is probably a blocked duct. Use a hot face cloth on it and try to massage downwards towards your nipple.

These are very common while breastfeeding so don''t worry.

IF you get a temperature and feel really sick, see your doctor as it could be mastitits and you''ll need an antibiotic.

These are the dangers of weaning abruptly rather than reducing by one feed per week.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Florence | 2010/08/24

Could be mastitis. Go see your doc.

Reply to Florence