Question
Posted by: Ahmed | 2012/10/31

Painful knee

Wonder if you could help. Whenever I sit and cross my legs in such a manner that my crossed leg knee is at a 90 degree angle, I get the most sever pain in my knee which forces me to straighten my leg immediately. This seems to be happening in my left knee only. What could possibly be the problem?

Ahmed

It is possible that you have inflammation of the soft lining that covers the inside of the articulate surface or the cushion between the femur and tibia. It is also possible that there might be a small tare. I therefore, suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a MRI scan of your knee and possible operation, if indicated.