Question
Posted by: Linda | 2009-08-09

Painful knee

My left knee has become slightly puffy, and very painful, especially behind the knee and on the inner side. I' ve been exercising hard for the past 2 months (weighted lunges and lots of walking, which I' ve had to stop now) Could this have caused the pain, or could it be osteoporosis? I' m 56. Is there anything I can take or apply to stop the pain? If I need to see a doctor, should it be an orthopaedic Dr? Hope you can advise.

Linda

I do suggest that you consult a orthopaedic surgeon, as it is possible that you have injured your knee whilst exercising. You will need x-rays and a possible arthroscopy of the knee to evaluate the cause for the pain and swelling (efusion of fluid in the knee).

You can use Myprodul capsules for the pain.