Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/04

PAINFUL KNEE

I'  ve had pain in my left knee since October/November last year - it is extremely painful when climbing stairs or walking down stairs - could this be cartlidge damage? What do you recommend I do to sort it out as it really is bugging me all the time now?

Dear Anonymous
Please let your doctor have a look - he needs to test the ligaments and cartilages and needs to determine whether you need x/rays of the knee. If the problem is just a soft tissue problem, it can be treated by physiotherapy and medication, but if it is inside the joint, you may need to see a specialist to clean out the joint space ( arthroscopy)