Question
Posted by: t | 2010-01-30

Painful joints - gout?

I have been suffering from painful joints, especially in the last two days both my wrists have been extremely sore. It gets really bad at night but seems to be better during the day. I sometimes get it in my knees, toes or fingers. Could this be gout or are there other things I should watch out for? How do I go about treating this and prevent it from becoming a serious problem when I' m older? (I' m a 25 year old female).

Thanks!

It is possible that you are suffering from gout, which can be treated well when diagnosed but unfortunately, there are several other conditions that can cause the same symptoms. Therefore, it is important that you consult a doctor for an examination, as well as blood tests and x-rays of the effected joints.

In the interim, you can use Advil Gel Caps 200 - 400mg, three times daily, to alleviate the pain until a proper diagnosis has been made.