Posted by: Simoné  | 2012-04-04

Painful joints and limbs

Good day

I am 32 years old and breastfeeding my 9 month old baby at night. I have lost a lot of weight after her birth, so much so that I am weighing less than I did before I became pregnant and attribute this to the breastfeeding.I am busy weaning her.
I have a constant dull pain in my joints and in my legs.
Could you give me an indication of what this could possibly be?
Thank you.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Simone,
Being pregnant is a unique and powerful life experience, during which your body undergoes immense physical, hormonal and emotional changes. The effects of hormonal softening of ligaments, the position of the growing baby, postural changes and increases in weight can put additional pressure on your joints and muscles of your spine and pelvis. Once you have stopped breastfeeing your hormone levels will diminish and your ligaments will regain there original stability. If you have any further concerns please contact your G.P. or local osteopath.

Posted by: Judy | 2012-07-16

I have osteoperosis since childhood. I had one knee replace and refuse to go for the other knee replacement. I am constantly in pain. My lover back bones 4,5 and 6 are damaged and need and operation. My medical aid refuse to pay for MRI. I recently found out through x rays that I have very bad inflation in the lover back, hips and both knees. Is there anything i can do to stop this pain. I do take loxiflam 15mg per day. Im still in pain

Reply to Judy
Posted by: Nkululeko Mpofu | 2012-06-29

All joints sore and Back

Reply to Nkululeko Mpofu
Posted by: Trish | 2012-04-05

I am 62 female.5weeks ago I developed a pain behind my knee which progressed to a painful leg and swelling on the side of the knee.1st visit Dr said torn meniscus (no xray) .2nd visit 5 weeks later I went for an x ray (lower back and knee) Diagnosis now :L1 and L2 virtually no space and it is probably a trapped nerve. Does this explain my swollen knee? Difference in circumference 3cm. Do I need an MRI?

Reply to Trish