Question
Posted by: Brian | 2010-08-02

Painful Joints

I suffer from Gout but the problem is that all my joints are painful,when all my joints are painful I can''t even open a tap even my driving is affected,my eyes burn and I get red blotches on my arms and chest,what could the reason be for these symptoms.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Brian,
These symptoms may be related to a high acidity levels in your body.
May I suggest the following:

Drink water to help your kidneys flush excess uric acid out of your system. A minimum of 12 eight-ounce glasses a day has been suggested.

Keep a close eye on your diet. Since the breakdown of natural chemical compounds called 'purines' into excess uric acid in your bloodstream is at the heart of your gout, it makes sense to try to keep away from purine-rich food. Foods such as poultry, dried legumes, shellfish, red meat, game and offal are all high in purines, so should be avoided.

Eat vegetables and fruits that are high in vitamin C., particularly oranges. Vitamin C. can reduce uric acid levels in your bloodstream. Make these part of your '5 a day'.

Blue-red fruits such as cherries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes etc. are also known to be beneficial, especially cherries.

Understanding all these contributory factors as well as available alternative treatments will ensure that you are better placed to get rid of your pain and prevent your gout returning. Prevention is particularly important since frequently recurring gout attacks can end up in permanently damaged joints.

Please see a qualified nutritionist to offer you the best advice for your diet and normalising ph levels.

2
Posted by: AGTA | 2010-08-29

I ONLY HAV ONE FOOT MY LEFT FOOT JOINT PAIN ALOT ASPECIAL AFTER LONG DISTANCE, I WAS ADVISED TO WASH IT WITH WARM WATER AND SALT IN ,IT USED TO HELP BT NOT ANYMORE I DRINK ALOT OF WATER,EAT VEGGIES DAILY ITS 2MONTHS FUL NOW PLIZ ASSIAST

Reply to AGTA
Posted by: osteopath | 2010-08-04

Hello Brian,
May I suggest the following:

Reply to osteopath