Posted by: Jenny | 2009-08-12

Painful joints

I' ve had painful joints (Hips, shoulders and elbows mostly) since a teenager. I am now 55 and still have bouts of pain. I find that exercise makes it worse, mild exercise is fone - although since I take Athroguard it has improved a lot. Now I have a constant pain in my left hip, especially the forward move. I have osteopina but my dr told me it should not be painful. Have had all the tests, but nothing shows up. Also no swollen joints, just pain. I am off osteobon now, been on it for 5 years, will go on once-a-year injection from now on. Very little pain while on the osteobon, don' t lnow if it can be related?

Hi Jenny
You may have inflammation in the bursa or sac surrounding the joint or in one of the tendons around the joint. Let a physiotherapist evaluate the hip for you?