Question
Posted by: Chanel | 2010/07/20

Painful Jaw!

I have been having the most excruciating pain in my jaw for the past week. I don''''t know if its my jaw, or my teeth or my glands, all I know is that I am in so so much pain and normal painkillers don''''t help much, so I''''ve been living off really strong pain killers. At first, I thought it was my back teeth hurting, I had a crown done a few months back so I thought it was infection. Then the pain was in the front teeth,then in the top and then in the other side of my mouth. I have been battling with my teeth for years, having had root canals done in almost all my back teeth. I don''''t know whether this pain is dental or if I need to see a GP because if I press at the back of my jaw under my ears, it hurts, and on the muscles / glands next to my ears toward my cheeks as well. I am so desperate for help because I just can''''t take the pain anymore!

Hallo Chanel
Please see your GP, he needs to see if you have an underlying sinus infection or inflammation in the TM joint or maybe an abcess in one of the root canals. He may need to take x/rays. If he finds no cause for it, please ask a physiotherapist to check for triggerpoints in the neck or face muscles as it can cause referred pain to the jaw.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/20

Hallo Chanel