Question
Posted by: willem | 2012-10-31

Painful intercourse

Is it normal for a female to experience pain in all sexual positions other than the missoinarry? We are married for 12 years, have three children and use lubrication. Intercouse in the missionary position is not painfull for my wife. Is it normal and I just have to accept it or is there anything else we can do to ease the pain if we want to explore other sex positions?

Your wife should have a gynae check-up to see that there is no problem with the female organs which causes pain. I suspect that there will not be a problem if she has no pain in the missionary position. It may well be that she is uncomfortable with other positions and therefore tense, or it may be that other positions allow deeper penetration, which could be painful.The only way to do it is to be sensitive and explore things, but stop if there is pain.