Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/11/08

painful intercourse

Hi, hope you can help me.

I have had only one sexual partner since i became sexually active. We have been together for almost 6 years now and I had a c-section 3.5 years ago.

after the c-section we waited 3 months before having intercourse again but since the it has been very painful, I tought it will get better and eventually go away comletely. but it is still there and feels like it is getting worse and worse, sometimes it is so bad that i start crying and have to stop because it is painful. I dont feel like having intercourse and it happens in the minimum which is not satisfying my fiance if I say no more than yes.

We had intercourse on friday night and it was very painful in such a way that is is really not enjoyable for me but i did let him finish seeing that he only gets it every now and then. this morning when i woke and went to the loo to urinate, when I wiped there was blood on the paper. a very dark to brownish blood I wiped a few times and there were blood every time, when i looked in the loo there were like small round clots of blood at the bottom of the loo but the urine was not redish colour and its not like i am spotting just when i went to the loo it cleared up at around the third time.

When having intercourse my pain is at the erea where my c-section cut is(below tummy between hip bones) on the inside it hurts like crazy and sometimes i get sharp stabbing pains in either one of my sides. and bad menses pains.

I am 22yrs old, what can this be and what would you recomend I do since my GP had me from one contraceptive to the noxt and on the 3 month injection with no lightening in the pain with intercourese. I would like to get this sorted as it is really affecting my sexual life in a bad way

Thanks in advance

It is possible that there is some scarring from the caesarean which is causing the pain. Endometriosis is another possibility. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. A laparoscopy may be necessary to diagnose the cause for the pain.

1