Posted by: ms feet | 2009-04-27

painful heels in the morning

my heels feel numb and pain when i take my first steps in the morning. its a dull ache that eventually goes away as the morning progresses. what can i do and what kind of specialist can i consult?can u recommend a place/doc-i live in cape town.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear ms feet

It sounds like you have plantar fasciitis. This is a very common foot condtion, unfortunately not easy to treat. There are a lot of exercises that will make a big difference, check plantar fasciitis online for tips on how to treat this. If it persists you could visit a podiatrist. I'm at the Sports Science Institute, next to the Newlands rugby stadium, tel 021 685 8020. You can also see a register of all podiatrists at

Posted by: Melanie | 2009-04-28

Ek is moedeloos. 2 jr brandende hakke voel of ek my hakke kan afskiet. Het oor gewig of ouderdom iets daarmee te 59jr oud.

Reply to Melanie