Question
Posted by: Dingo | 2011/02/17

Painful Headaches

Dear Doc
I get these very painfull persistant headaches up to 3 times during the course of the day almost every day. It feels like it starts on the rightside of my brain in the middle and then it moves to the back of my right eye right down to the beginning of my neck. It is a very bad sharp stinging pain that usualy travels back to the right side of my brain.It makes my right eye tear-up and my neck also gets stiff. Its been happening for almost 2 monts now. I normally treat it with myprodol or one abflex and one inza ibuprofen. Does my smoking have anything to do with it? Should I see a docter about this as normally a the meds relieves the pain for a few hours. I am a 29 yr old male, get about 6 hours of sleep and have a healthy diet but I do smoke. Is there cause for concern?

I have posted to the headache expert and did not get a direct answer. I really want to know if this is cause for concern or not and what medicine I can use to get rid of the headaches.

I appreciate your answer.

D

Hallo Dingo
This sounds like a type of Migraine that you are getting and you probably need to use preventative medication for this. You can see your GP or preferably a neurologist for an examination and prescription. Any "new" headache or a headache that is different from your normal headaches, that increases in frequency or intensity, or does not respond to headache tablets, should be further examined as it could be a sign of brain disease.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/17

Hallo Dingo