Question
Posted by: Cee-po | 2012/11/28

Painful hands

Dear Doc

I am a 26 year old female and have started having this terrible pain in my right wrist and especially infront. I also have pains at the base of my left middle finger and index fingers. I am not taking any medication except for paracetamol every now and then. What could be causing this and what can I take for the pain?

It is most likely due to osteoarthritis, with small damage to the cartlidge in the wrist. Unfortunately, you will have to consult your doctor for an x-ray, to determine the precise cause. You can use Ibuprofen to alleviate the pain and inflammation.