Question
Posted by: Girly | 2009/10/25

Painful Foot + Knee

HI there,
I have constant pain in my big toe and the surrounding area.If I stand for too long the second toe loses feeling,and my whole ankle swells up,and my whole foot is in pain for the rest of the day.Wearing flat shoes,makes my left foot and ankle pain even more.and on the left side of my foot the bone is jutting out more.I would like to start running,If I run with my ankle brace on will that be safer?Hope you can advise.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Girly

It seems to me from your discription that your feet are collapsing to the inside or that you have very flat feet. I don't think wearing an ankle brace will make any real difference. I suggets that you see a podiatrist and have your feet assessed; you may need orthotics to correct your foot alignment

Chris

2
Posted by: John | 2009/11/18

Girty,
It sounds like my gout. Ask you Gp to test your urine acid.

Reply to John
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009/10/29

Dear Girly

Chris

Reply to Foot expert