Posted by: manoise | 2012-09-30

painful foot

I have a severe pain on my left foot, just in the area of the arch and thmid-outer part of my left foot. This pain extends to the ankle and right up to three qaurters of my leg. It''s getting progrssively worse despite the three day bedrest I have taken so for. I hardly walk due to the nature of my job and I mainly drive an automatic vehicle to and from work. I am a bit overweight but the pain is getting worse evev though I have started loosing weight. Please advise on causes and management thereof.

It is possible that you have tendonitis of the tendons supporting the arch of the foot. You can take Myprodol capsules to alleviate the pain but I do suggest that you consult a doctor for x-rays and treatment. A painful calf can be more serious or just a referred pain from your ankle. Your doctor will have to exclude the formation of deep vein thrombosis, as you are at risk.