Posted by: MS K | 2009-12-11

Painful feet

I gave birth 11 weeks ago. pregnancy went well- no complications besides SPD which is slowly subsiding now. The birth was alos normal. I have noticed for the past few weeks that the area above my heel starts to hurt when I satnd too long, when getting up from sitting crossed legged and at times when I get out of bed. Sometimes pressing it alos hurts. There is no swelling, rash or anything unusual- just the horrible pain. What could be wrong?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, as there can be a multitude of reasons for the pain. If you are breastfeeding, the only oral anti-inflammatory to use safely, is Panado. You can use two tablets, every four to six hours. This should alleviate the inflammation and pain.