Question
Posted by: nik | 2009-03-12

Painful feet

hi am 22yrs old and when i put my feet up or sit for extended periods when i get up my feet get pins and needles and hurt especially my heels and my right knee aches on and off.i am overweight and there is family history of bad knees.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nik

It is possible that when sitting in a certain position you are pinching a nerve which will be felt as tingling or "pins and needles"in the feet. Being overweight won't help because you are putting a lot more stress on that area. The same goes for your knee, any joint will be stressed if it has to support more than it would like. If there is a history of knee problems in the family you should try your best to get your weight under control and see a specialist if knee pain persisits.

Chris