Posted by: KB | 2009-01-20

painful feet

My legs and feet normally just get swollen for different reasons and under different circumstances. The last time they were swollen was when I started going back to gym. I drank at least 2 litres of water everyday but my feet were still swollen especially the ankles. I can no longer wear my high heels to work. There are certain sgoes which are not even considered as high heels and yet I can' t wear them. Even flat ones. I eventually took some natural products that helped with the swelling but only for a sort while. But the feet are still painful. I feel as if the blood is not circulating to the rest of my body and my feet are not getting the fresh blood. Sometimes I can feel the throbbing but it' s not the painfull kind of throbbing. When I touch them or massage them they are not painful at all. The swelling comes and goes but the pain is persistant.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear KB

There is a lot of information missing which could help. How old are you, what is your weight, do you have any systemic condition etc. What exercises do you do at the gym, do you stand a lot at work. Without this information I'm afraid I would just be guessing.

Posted by: Barb | 2009-03-28

Woman, 65yrs, short, overweight, on high blood pressure medication and HRT. Reasonable active, tries to gym x2 a week, weights, rowing, bicycle, cant do treadmill, too painfull.. under the heel (flat part )of right foot very painful. Feet swell due to effects of Ravamil medication. Cant walk far, too painful. night and day. Wearing Green cross shoes, does not help. Must I see an orthopaedic surgeon?

Reply to Barb
Posted by: KB | 2009-02-04

I am 29 years old. I weigh 85kg. What could be the example of a systemic condition? I normally do a bit of running on the treadmill as well as the circuits. I do not stand at all at work. I' m always sitting behind the desk working on the computer.

Reply to KB